In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present 5 facts about a member of European Bioplastics. In this issue, Dr Berit Topolsinski, Product Manager at DIN CERTCO Gesellschaft für Konformitätsbewertung mbH based in Berlin, Germany, shares some information about the certification and accreditation body.
5 facts about DIN CERTCO
- DIN CERTCO is the partner to contact for all aspects of conformity assessment. We assess and register a broad range of products and services, and certify products, enterprises and personnel. DIN CERTCO’s certification systems – and the standards they are based on –offer benefits for all stakeholders in the entire value chain. DIN CERTCO participates in a lot of national standardization committees, e.g. for packaging or plastics, leading to the application of the latest standards available.
- DIN CERTCO continuously innovates and develops new kinds of certification systems based on market needs. Together with all interested parties and stakeholders our certification committees work on the realization of the certification schemes.
- Accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17065 DIN CERTCO demonstrates the requirements necessary for certification bodies on international level. Our third-party certifications for ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 prove the quality of our work and the protection of proprietary information.
- Since 1997 DIN CERTCO offers the “Seedling” compostability mark of European Bioplastics. Did you know that we also offer other third-party certification systems? Since 2015, DIN CERTCO is offering FSC®-, PEFC®-, ISCC and ISCC PLUS, and REDcert and REDcert2 certification for wooden products, forest management and biomass. Additionally, DIN CERTCO is an approved monitoring organization of the European Commission for the European Timber Regulation (EUTR).
- With the online certificate database, DIN CERTCO created a platform for manufacturers, retailer and consumer to inform about existing certificates, find new B2B and B2C contacts or to use the links for certificates or company communication.