In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present 5 facts about a member of European Bioplastics. In this issue, John Moore, Vice President Business Development at MHG (Meredian Holdings Group) shares some information about the US-based producer of biopolymers.
5 facts about MHG (Meredian Holdings Group), Bainbridge, GA, USA
- One goal of MHG is to enable people and communities to benefit from sustainable, environmentally friendly products that decompose seamlessly, leaving behind no particulate matter or toxic trace.
- MHG produces a new generation of cost competitive biopolymers using proprietary PHA (polyhydroxyalkanoate) and PLA (polylactic acid) technologies. MHG creates and customizes unique biopolymer formulations to meet the specific needs of our customer’s application, tailoring mechanical properties, shelf life, degradability timelines, and other features. MHG’s highly efficient production systems result in cost effective outcomes that offer both economic and environmental benefits to the marketplace.
- With a focus on creating value for customers and partners, MHG has the capability to formulate a sophisticated range of biopolymers for specific applications for many markets: additives, aqueous coatings, extrusion coatings, extrusion laminations, fibres, film resins, hot melt adhesives, injection molding, thermoforming, wax replacement polymers. Our products can be approved for food contact and certified to biodegradable or compostable in soil, water, and industrial or home compost.
- MHG is now leveraging and expanding our capability to offer 100% bio-based alternatives to packagers and producers at the mass-market level. With over 200,000 square feet of lab and manufacturing space, MHG operates facilities that support global-scale production and enable rapid response to manufacturing requirements.
- We also offer research, development, and toll manufacturing services for bio-based materials to business partners. By clearly defining objectives and cost constraints, we work with customers on R&D projects to formulate sustainable bioplastics that bring value to their brands while reducing impact on the environment. We are committed to closed-loop, renewable and sustainable practices, and to products designed to help curb petrochemical plastic pollution worldwide.