EUBP was founded in 1993 as Interessengemeinschaft Biologisch Abbaubare Werkstoffe e.V. (IBAW, International Biodegradable Polymers Association & Working Group). First, it constituted a German and later European representation and platform for the leading companies in the biodegradable plastics industry. By 2005, the bioplastics industry had evolved and grown, and developed a number of new innovative materials so that the focus of the association had broadened. As a result, the association was renamed to European Bioplastics. Today, it represents about 70 member companies throughout the entire value chain of bioplastics.
- Renewable raw materials & green chemistry
- Plastic converters
- Bioplastics manufacturers and auxiliaries
- Research, consulting, standardisation & certification
- (Industrial) end users and brand owners
- RRM/intermediates RRM conversion
- Waste management and recycling
Our members from all over the globe are engaged in the European market. About three quarters of our members are based in Europe. The remaining quarter consists of member companies from Brazil, the USA, and Asia.