European Bioplastics Conference
The European Bioplastics Conference is the leading business and discussion forum in Europe for the global bioplastics sector. The size and diversity of the delegation – more than 400 attendees in 2019 – has been growing in recent years, and this trend is set to continue as the event embraces the inclusion of political and other non-private sector actors. With more and more brands and manufacturers embracing the potential of bioplastics, and with policy makers stepping up their efforts to creating frameworks that benefit the growth of sustainable bio-industries, this is the time to put bioplastics on top of the agenda of a bio-based circular economy in Europe and beyond.
The 15th European Bioplastics Conference will take place on the 1/2 December 2020 at the Trend Hotel Savoyen in Vienna, Austria.
Call for Papers
We are pleased to share with you the call for papers for the 15th European Bioplastics Conference taking place on the 1/2 December 2020 at the Trend Hotel Savoyen in Vienna, Austria.
This year’s conference will focus on the latest innovations in bioplastics as well as on environmental aspects and opportunities for growth in the bio-based plastics sector. Experts are invited to submit proposals for a presentation on the following topics:
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable polymers – latest material and process innovations,
- Packaging innovations, especially food contact solutions
- Additives for bioplastics, such as bio-based plasticisers, flame retardants etc.
- Mechanical and chemical recycling of bio-based plastics,
- The role of compostable and/or bio-based plastics in national and international waste legislation,
- Sustainability assessment with focus on LCA of bio-based plastics
- New (durable) applications introduced in 2020,
- Sneak preview 2020 – product and material pre-launch, and
- The bioplastics policy and market developments in the EU and beyond.
If you would like to contribute to the programme, please download the abstract template.
We also invite proposals for poster presentations giving researchers and new projects the opportunity to visualise their work and preliminary results in the fields of biopolymer research, packaging, and building blocks. If you would like to contribute a poster presentation, please contact us to receive the template.
As every year, we will only be able to select a small percentage of the submissions we receive for the final programme. Therefore, kindly provide us with as much detail as possible.
The deadline to submit an abstract for this Call for Papers is July 31st, 2020.
To find out more abour our conference, read the review of the 14th EUPB Conference here. You can still see the programme, the exhibitors and the sponsors and media partners of 2019 on our website. Also have a look at our new market data and the first pictures of the conference 2019 here!