In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present 5 facts about a member of European Bioplastics. In this issue Dr Stanislaw Haftka, Sales Director of BIO-FED, shares some information on the bioplastics producer based in Cologne, Germany.
Dr Stanislaw Haftka, Sales Director, BIO-FED
5 facts about BIO-FED, Cologne, Germany
- BIO-FED is based in BioCampus Cologne and produces and markets biodegradable and biobased plastics under the M∙VERA® brand.
- As a branch of AKRO-PLASTIC GmbH, BIO-FED is a member of the international Feddersen Group, which is headquartered in Hamburg. Our partnerships with other divisions in the Feddersen Group and our use of a global distribution network allows us to offer our customers global service, providing them with added value.
- Our M∙VERA® products are produced at AKRO-PLASTIC in Niederzissen (Germany) in one of Europe’s leading state-of-the-art production facilities with own Research & Development department. AKRO-PLASTIC is one of just a few compounders to operate a test lab certified to DIN EN ISO 17025 by the Deutsche Akkreditierungsstelle GmbH (Germany’s National Accreditation Body).
- Our product portfolio includes biobased as well as biodegradable bioplastics according to EN 13432 for all common processing technologies, leading to applications like shopping bags, fruit and vegetable bags, mulch films, coffee capsules, cutlery and much more. Our portfolio includes also biodegradable AF-Eco® color, carbon black and additive masterbatches.
- We provide “one-stop shopping”: Additionally to our bioplastics and technical service on demand, we can also offer you a variety of masterbatches based on various biodegradable or biobased carrier polymers – in close cooperation with AF-COLOR, another branch of AKRO-PLASTIC GmbH.