In each issue of the European Bioplastics Newsletter, we present 5 facts about a member of European Bioplastics. In this issue, Erik Pras, Global Director Sales & Marketing at BIOTEC, shares some interesting insights on his company.
5 facts about: BIOTEC, Germany
- BIOTEC develops and produces sustainable biopolymer compounds made from plant-based renewable resources. As a world leader in fully biodegradable and compostable materials, our products return to their source to complete the natural life cycle that ends where it begins.
- Taking our responsibilities for building a better tomorrow, we produce compounds using non-food industrial crops that are free of genetic modification. Furthermore, all our products are free of plasticisers, making them easier to process, are more stable, and offer consistent quality.
- Our materials can be considered for food packaging applications according to EU food contact regulation. All grades are certified to comply with EN 13432 in industrial composting facilities and partially under well-managed home composting conditions.
- To work with customers finding solutions to what makes our society sustainable motivates and drives all of us. And by diverting biomass waste to composting, we’re able to greatly reduce the CO2
- Our commitment to the climate is a foundation for our company, our products, and our philosophy. It guides our plans and our decisions – and it starts here at home.