Amir Bin Abul Hasan Ashari, Managing Director, Indochine Bio Plastiques
In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Mr Amir Bin Abul Hasan Ashari, Managing Director at Indochine Bio Plastiques, shares some information on the company:
5 facts about Indochine Bio Plastiques (ICBP) Sdn Bhd, Malaysia.
- ICBP was established in Johor, Malaysia in 2005. The company was awarded with the “Pioneer Status” of the Government of Malaysia in 2007. It is specialized in injection moulding grade bio-based resin. ICBP also offers compostable film & extrusion resin grades.
- The company is highly regarded as Malaysia’s bioplastic industry anchor. It uses 2nd generation feedstock, which is a by-product/waste of the cassava/tapioca plantation industry. Therefore, it does not affect the volume of plants used for food, nor is it competing with land for food crops. Not only it is renewable, it is also inexpensive and abundant in quantity. Experts also expound on its low carbon footprint, cost of production, and energy consumption.
- The “Green” advantage of using our product is that the carbon footprint for the feedstock starts from zero, as we are upcycling waste into high value bio-based resin. From cradle to grave, our carbon footprint is 40 percent better than traditional PP. It has a very low Global Warming Potential (GWP), which is confirmed by a Life Cycle Analysis report (ISO 14044) conducted by OWS, Belgium.
- ICBP’s main focus is to develop innovative solutions for bioplastics to promote global sustainability at a cost efficient level to plastic converters.
- ICBP Bio Resin, which is compliant with US FDA standards, has been certified by various worldwide authorities, including the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), DINCertco, SGS, REACH and TÜV Austria.