Catia Bastioli, CEO of Novamont S.p.A.
In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Catia Bastioli, CEO of Novamont S.p.A., shares some interesting insights on her company.
5 facts about Novamont S.p.A., Italy
- Novamont is an Italian pioneer company of the bioeconomy as well as a world leader in the production of bioplastics and the development of biochemical. We successfully integrated chemistry, environment, and agriculture.
- Novamont promotes an approach to the bioeconomy based on the efficient use of renewable resources and on the regeneration of local areas. We build world-first plants based on proprietary technologies and revitalizing industrial sites that are decommissioned or no longer competitive.
- Novamont’s best-known product is Mater-Bi, a range of bio-based, biodegradable and compostable bioplastics designed to reduce environmental impacts and preserve precious natural resources such as water and soil.
- Products made of Mater-Bi are only conceived for those applications that generate a real added value, for example to facilitate the end-of-life management for those products for which recycling is not easy or possible, or for those sectors, where dispersion in the environment is highly probable.
- Besides being an industrial company, Novamont is also a research centre, which covers a wide range of expertise and specializations, with equipment, and facilities ranging from laboratory scale activities to innovative pilot plants. Over the years, it has developed five proprietary technologies for the production of bioplastics and bioproducts, creating synergies between the different sectors.