In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Mr Tudor Georgescu, CEO at Prodplast, shares some information on the group of companies specialised in the manufacturing and development of biodegradable and compostable films, carrier bags, fruit and vegetable bags, mulching film, bin-liners or dust sheets, amongst other. Prodplast is also involved in the production of compostable cutlery through the sister companies, Biodeck and Romtatay.
5 facts about Prodplast, Romania
- The factory is based in Romania and used state-of-the-art machinery in order to deliver the best quality for their clients.
- Prodplast uses high quality corn starch based blends in order to manufacture their products.
- All products are conform with the EN13432 standard and are certified compostable by TÜV Austria
- Quality is highly important for the company. Therefore, they offer highly resistant bags; through an innovative technology, Prodplast is able to offer a strong welding for all products.
- Some of their retail clients include Carrefour, Auchan and Mega Image (Delhaize).