Dr. Yang Ji, Vice General Manager at Pujing Chemical Industry CO., Ltd (PJCHEM)
In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Dr. Yang Ji, Vice General Manager at PJCHEM, shares some interesting insights on his company.
5 facts about Pujing Chemical Industry CO., Ltd (PJCHEM), China
- Pujing Chemical Industry CO., Ltd (PJCHEM), established in 2005, is a high-tech enterprise mainly focusing on the investment, development and authorization of chemical processes and advanced material technologies. PJCHEM has a total of 300 employees and two subsidiaries: Shanghai Pujing Chemical New Material Co., Ltd, and PJIM Polymer Scientific Co.,Ltd.
- PJCHEM’s polymer business is mainly focused on biodegradable polymers. We produce poly (glycolic acid) and its derivatives, i.e. blending, composites and co-polymers. The first polymer plant with an annual capacity of 1500 tons will start its operation by the end of 2019.
- The R&D department of PJCHEM is staffed by a professional team with skilled and experienced experts and is tasked with groundbreaking research aiming to develop advanced compostable products such as high-barrier packaging films and bottles.
- The vision of PJCHEM is to pursue our work in developing advanced compostable products using our self-developed technology and knowhow. Our strategic plan aims at high growth rates in building up additional production capacity and a further diversification of our product range. Both support the core goal of boosting our market share in the biodegradable polymers industry worldwide.
- Over the past 10 years, PJCHEM has obtained a series of scientific and technological achievements. The company received several awards from the national government as well as from the Shanghai municipality. Thanks to the leadership of the Chairman and innovative company culture, PJCHEM will achieve further success to consolidate the position of the company in both the domestic and the international market.