Philippe Dewolfs, Manager Bioplastics Certification, TÜV Austria Belgium
In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Philippe Dewolfs, Manager Bioplastics Certification, shares some interesting insights on his company.
5 facts about TÜV Austria Belgium, Belgium
- TÜV AUSTRIA, a leading, impartial and independent service provider for integrated management of safety, quality, environment and resources, took over Vincotte’s certification activities at the end of 2017.
- As a leader in the field of bioplastics certification, we launched the first-ever certification scheme – OK compost – in 1995, exactly 25 years ago.
- With our own conformity marks, and those for which we are recognised, we are the only certifier to cover all possible end-of-life environments: home and industrial compost, soil, water, or sea.
- In addition, our conformity mark OK biobased guarantees the renewable origin of the materials.
- A team of 13 experts manages the certification from Brussels, supported by a dozen local representatives of the TÜV AUSTRIA Group who address our clients in as many different languages.