Mr Kjell Ivar Bache, CEO of BioBag Group
In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Mr Kjell Ivar Bache, CEO of BioBag Group, shares some information on a world-leading company in the development, production, and marketing of certified compostable and biodegradable products.
5 facts about BioBag Group, Germany
- BioBag Group was established in 1997 and is hence one of the pioneers in the bioplastics industry in partnership with Novamont.
- Today, the Group operates in ten countries with a total of 150 employees and a production capacity of 9,000 MT.
- BioBag produces bags, sacks and films mainly to solve waste management challenges, but also for agriculture and industrial applications. Our focus is certified compostable products, but BioBag also brings to market products from recycled PE as well as Braskem Green PE; all of which we consider environmentally friendly products.
- We see a future expanding into other related areas. With this in mind, we are currently in the late development phase of new products within packaging, hygiene and artificial turf.
- Our strategic plan aims at high growth, and our geographical expansion is underway.