In each issue of the Bioplastics Bulletin, we present five facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Mr Andy Sweetman, Sales & Marketing Manager EMEA, shares some information on the world’s leading producer of sustainable cellulose packaging films.
5 facts about Futamura, United Kingdom
- Futamura uses only certified and responsibly managed renewable resources (wood pulp) for its NatureFlex™ films
- NatureFlex films meet the standards for industrial composting according to EN 13432 as well as being certified home compostable by TÜV Austria
- NatureFlex films are an ideal partner to laminate with other compostable packaging films for enhanced product protection and sealability
- Futamura is working hard to advise the UK government about how compostable packaging can and should be organically recycled with food and/or garden waste
- Our films are being used by a number of smaller ethical brands as well as growing in popularity with larger main stream global brands