In each issue of the Bioplastics Newsletter, we present some facts about a member of European Bioplastics. This month, Germano Craia, Chief Executive Office of KIK Compounds SRL, shares some interesting insights on his company.
5 facts about KIK Compounds SRL, Romania
- KIK Compounds was founded in 2016, with the mission to revolutionize the market of elastomeric shoe soles, toys and packaging. Despite an average time of usage of only a couple of years, 80% of the conventional plastic products produced for these markets, once disposed, remain in landfills for approximately 1000 years.
- KIK Compounds’ biodegradable and bio-based products are developed and created in close collaboration with the costumers. This assures the best ‘’ecological choice’’ of a material which displays the same properties and performances as traditional fossil-based elastomers.
- KIK Compounds is one of the few examples in the world of manufacturers, where the research and development department includes more members than the production department.
- The technology and innovations behind KIK Compounds products are already approved and successfully used in the market.
- KIK Compounds is working in close partnership with the Institute of Multidisciplinary Research for Science and Technology at the Valahia University of Targoviste. By developing new products and improving the existing ones, the partnership aims to achieving a zero impact on the environment as well as the independency from traditional fossil-based elastomers.