Kartell’s modular unit designed by Anna Castelli Ferrieri
Kartell presents World’s first furniture made from Bio-on biomaterial at Salone del Mobile 2019
Just a few months into the partnership between the design firm Kartell and Bio-on, the world’s first furniture made from Bio-on’s 100% natural bioplastic was presented at the international trade show Salone del Mobile 2019. Kartell has chosen one of its signature best-sellers – the modular unit designed by Anna Castelli Ferrieri in 1967. To mark its 50th anniversary, it will be on sale immediately in a totally eco-sustainable edition available in four colours, green, pink, cream and yellow, in the three-module version.
Kaneka Belgium has been nominated for the essenscia Innovation Award 2019
The Japanese technology-driven specialty chemicals firm Kaneka Belgium has been selected as one of the six finalists in the essenscia Innovation Award competition 2019. The biannual essenscia Innovation Award is the most prestigious prize for industrial innovation for chemistry and life sciences in Belgium.
Inspired by the circular economy model of plastic packaging, Kaneka Belgium developed a sustainable packaging material, which is not only recyclable through composting, but as well biodegradable in natural environments, including marine waters. The innovation project includes the development of a bio-based and biodegradable foam particle starting from a natural polymer PHBH™ and is the result of a merging between Kaneka’s fermentation and macromolecular core technologies.
By 2025, all ALDI product packaging will be reusable, recyclable or compostable
ALDI is pleased to announce a series of commitments it has made to help reduce plastic pollution:
- By 2025, 100 percent of ALDI packaging, including plastic packaging, will be reusable, recyclable or compostable packaging;
- By 2025, packaging material of all ALDI-exclusive products to be reduced by at least 15 percent;
- By 2020, 100 percent of ALDI-exclusive consumable packaging to include How2Recycle label;
- By 2020, implement an initiative to make private-label product packaging easier for customers to reuse;
- Guide continuous improvement of product packaging by internal expertise and external evaluations.