Call for papers
Our conference will focus on the latest innovations in bio-based and biodegradable plastics, the current political landscape as well as on environmental aspects, and opportunities for growth in the circular economy. You are invited to submit proposals for a presentation or poster on the following topics:
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable plastics – latest material and process innovations,
- Packaging innovations using biopolymers, especially food contact solutions,
- The bioplastics policy and market developments in the EU and worldwide,
- The role of biodegradable, compostable and/or bio-based plastics in national and international waste legislation,
- Bio-based plastics and their role in mechanical and chemical recycling,
- Sustainability assessment: LCA of bio-based plastics and beyond,
- Bio-based polymers in durable applications such as automotive, electronics, toys, construction etc.,
- Bio-based and/or biodegradable polymers and their use in the textile industry,
- Sneak preview 2022 – product and material pre-launch,
- Bio-based additives and building blocks, and
- Anything new, exciting and bioplastic-related that should be part of our programme.
If you would like to contribute to this year’s conference, please fill out the abstract template and send it to conference(at)european-bioplastics.org. As in the past years, we also invite to submit proposals for poster presentations, giving researchers and new projects a stage to introduce their findings in the fields of biopolymer research, packaging, and building blocks. Sounds like a good opportunity? Then, please, contact us with your proposal.
To create the best possible programme for our conference, please note that we have a thorough evaluation process. Kindly provide us with as much detail as possible to increase your chance to be picked as a speaker. Therefore, we ask for your understanding that we cannot take all abstracts into consideration.
The deadline for the proposal submission is 31 July 2021.
At this stage, we are still planning the conference to be a live event in Berlin. However, due to the pandemic, it may become necessary to change to a digital format again. We will keep you posted on our website. Nonetheless, we hope to meet you again in a few months!